Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Panic Disorder Treatments Without Medication

I was diagnosed with panic disorder a few years ago, my doctor prescribed Buspar to help ease the panic attacks. I really can't stand taking medicine, but anything seemed better than a panic attack. So I took the medicine, which made me feel like a zombie. After two months of the medication, I was still having panic attacks. This is when I began my search for panic disorder treatments, that didn't require medication!

There had to be a way to find a solution that didn't involve a pill, and I was determined to find it! After all, I had lived 35 years without ever having one panic attack, so why I am I being plagued with this now. I needed answers. During my next visit to the doctors office, I picked up every pamplet there was involving anxiety or panic disorder. Turns out, that wasn't such a wise idea either, because each pamplet offered a different drug as the solution.

On my way home that day, I stopped off at the library. I skimmed through book, after book hoping to find some medication free answers. There were a few techniques that I had learned, but they didn't stop these attacks. It was starting to look like medicine was the only way.

I hated the panic attacks, I hated the medicine, and I really hated knowing that something was wrong with me! For the next several days, I went to visit my sister, she lived on the beach and thought that maybe a vacation would help. The first day that I was there, she was called into work leaving me with nothing to do. I decided to do more research on her computer. That's when I found it, real panic disorder treatments that didn't include medication of any sort.

This guide has saved me from going crazy! I feel like me again, and I haven't experienced a panic attack in over 1 year now. I am truely panic free, for good. I know how to control it, and it doesn't come from medicine. Medicine to me is just a cover up, for panic disorder, not a cure buy any means.

No comments:

Post a Comment